- Superior skimming efficiency: Air and mechanical treatment are a risky combination. The presence of air can lead to product deterioration and cause damage to fat globules. This makes separation harder and creates a potential risk of free fat. For smooth product acceleration and improved efficiency, an airtight separator is the way to go.
- Low energy consumption: Airtight separators use up to 50% less energy than their traditional counterparts, because of a combination of gentle product treatment and the use of efficient pumps rather than paring discs. This saves you cost and reduces your environmental impact. In some cases it is possible to vary the rotational speed of the separator to achieve even higher energy efficiency.
- Enhanced flexibility: An airtight separator allows you to produce 60% fat content in cream without compromising skimming efficiency. Tetra Pak’s AirTight design also enables a wider range of capacities for different recipes to run in the same machine.
- No risk of overflow: With an open-type separator, there is always a risk of product overflow in certain conditions. An AirTight separator is fully sealed, eliminating this hazard.
- Zero added risk of foaming: The absence of air entering the separator eliminates all additional risk of product foaming.
Did you know…?
Tetra Pak launched its first hermetic separator in 1933. Fill in the form below to download a free infographic on the features of a hermetically sealed separator.